Monday, January 29, 2007

Day 2

Learned:

The Orton Effect - A cool little effect using Photoshop. I tried this out on some random stock photos from deviantART and I got some pretty cool results. I am trying to get an image host working so give me a day or two and I'll put up a couple samples.

Gradient Mesh Tool - In Illustrator. This sounded interesting so I did a little research and... WOW. This is a powerful tool that produces some amazing results when used properly. The link above has a great tutorial that demonstrates the basics of the tool. I will post my final product from the tutorial when I have time to finish it! This gradient mesh stuff takes quite a while.

Want To Learn:

Blur Transition Effect - Flash. This little effect uses action script to focus a blurred image when the mouse rolls over it. It looks really cool but is a bit beyond me at this point. Action script is new territory, it's going on my todo list.

No comments: